0. I didn’t finish one by the end of the month. It took until the 2nd of February…
1. Tales of Monkey Island ep 5. Rise of a Pirate God. I thought this was an excellent episode. Tales of monkey island was pretty good overall too. I liked to see the insult swordfighting come back with a twist.
2. Strongbad’s Cool Game for Attractive People, Episode 1. Crazy actually playing this surreal twisted kids show of a world.
I didn’t quite finish Mana Khemia 2 before the end of the month. :( Also finished strongbad ep 2, but in feb…
1. Bunny Shorts Season 3. 46 30 second episodes summarizing different movies. If you’ve never seen the movie, it might spoil the good bits, but you still won’t have a clue of what’s going on.
2. Porco Rosso. Typical ghibli anti-war stuff, but it’s about planes. I can’t dislike a well drawn, fun movie about planes.
3. Deathnote (Live Action.) and 4. Death Note II: The Last Name. (Also live action) Different from the anime, in some cases very different. The ending is a bit more satisfying, but also less of the “genius fight” that the animated series had. These two were fighting on a slightly lower level, but that’s OK. It was odd seeing Misa without blonde hair.
5. Death Note: L: Change the WorLd (Live Action). Not as good as the first two, nor the anime.
6. Death note: Re-Light. Visions of God. Animated, and more like a clip show than an actual new thing. Probably not worth it to anyone who has watched the series.
7. Witch Hunter Robin. It’s a pretty good show, though tends to fall into the whole Heroes thing after awhile.
8. Blue Drop. This is another anime I need to write a separate post about. Suffice it to say, that it seems like half-way through the series the producer went to the writers and said “No, no, no… You heard me wrong. I said Alien Thespians! Thespians!” “Ohhh. I suppose we could write a school play in for the all girls school to perform…”