It’s been awhile since I seriously worked on PHDD, the digital dash for my car. I managed to get a few things working this weekend. First was the Logo display. It needs some polishing up to make it more like the text screen buffer, but it’s showing my Bitmap now.

Second part was the GPS Speedometer code! I did some test values (like 22.2222 meters per second, and 27.7777 meters per second) both of which came up with the appropriate MPH reading on the screen. The GPS side of it I’ll just have to hook the GPS up to it for, which needs to wait until i can afford a USB connector to rip apart. I suspect I need to eliminate very small values of delta-distance, as they may be drift, or perhaps use the distance between more distant points (according to time) to correct for said drift.

Unless I can capture some NMEA data to feed into it somehow…

I also need to figure out how to make a digital compass…

With that, it’s darn late and I need sleep. G'night!